Monday, July 6, 2009

Review: Marin French Cheeses



This was a very interesting and unique product to review. Marin French Cheese Company also known as Rouge et Noir was created in 1865 and are still creating amazing Artisan Crafted Cheeses. You can find this company in Northern California near Sonoma Wine Country. Not only do they create distinguished and incredible cheeses, but they also offer tours, cheese tasting and a deli at their facility and 700 acre grounds.



The Marin French Company has created many award winning cheeses. In 2005 Rouge de Noir won three gold award in the World Championship Brie at the World Cheese Awards. One of them is the Triple Creme Brie. It is one of the best soft ripened cheeses in America. It is incredible with strawberries and fruit. Marins French Gold also won a gold award. Marin Gold French is known for its a little sharp, buttery and creamy texture. Then the Marin French Company created the Marin French Blue. It is also a gold award winner at the London World Cheese Championships. It is made with Jersey Sow milk and it makes it peppery, yet sweet. The Melange Brie won a award at the World Cheeses in 2008. It is made with goats milk.
Lastly there is the Yellow Buck Chevre. It won the Americas Notional Trophy in 2005 for Best American Cheese. This is the Marin Cheese Company's original. I must admit this was one of my favorites. It is also made with goat cheese and it has an incredible nutty and delectable taste. There has been many other awards granted to this amazing craftsmanship and I am sure there is more to come.

For me, this was my first time trying Brie. I must admit, I am a huge fan. My favorite was the pesto and jalapeno flavored brie that Marin Cheese Company made. I am a fan of mild blue cheese, but Marin Blue Cheese was a little to strong for my taste. I served this to some of my husbands co-workers who greatly enjoyed it. By far my favorite is the Yellow Buck Chevre. I will pitilessly admit that I ate the entire thing myself with good sausage and peperoni.
If you are interested in Marin Cheeses you can locate them on Foodbuzz.com and also their site at:
http://www.marinfrenchcheese.com/

Here are some of the AMAZING Brie Recipes that I have found:

Cookin Canuck: http://cookincanuck.blogspot.com/2009/07/baked-brie-strawberries.html
This would be perfect with the Triple Creme Brie.

Foododelmondo: http://www.foodbuzz.com/recipes/1221180-cedar-plank-brie-with-peach-chutney
Yummy...This would also be great with many of Marins wonderful Brie Cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.