Wednesday, December 30, 2009
As I said in my previous post I am staying with my in-laws until Feb.(We were sick of Suite Living!) We left my husband to fend for his own in sunny Florida. He is actually preparing for a big move to Gainesville, FL on Jan. 11! Finally!! I am in MI, far far away from my fantastic husband and I am planning our daughters 2nd Birthday. It will be our first family birthday party since 06! I am pretty excited!! (Don't worry, I will be posting all about it.)My hubs may even be flying in to take part of celebrating Bailey's birth. (Fingers crossed)
Now, back to my point. My father-in-law loves bread. This works out for me...I love to make bread!! Last night my mother-in-law made dinner (we take turns). I had to make something!!! (I start getting squirmy if I can't cook.) I made rolls. These rolls are fantastic...They are Peter Reinharts recipe. I adore him. :)
Peter Reinhart, Artisan Bread Every Day
1 Tb instant yeast
1 3/4 cp. hot milk + 2 TB
6 1/4 cp. of unbleached bread flour
2 tsp. salt
5 1/2 TB sugar
6 TB of melted butter
1. Add the yeast and hot milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the yeast milk and the rest of the ingredients.
3. With a paddle attachment let mix for 2 minutes.
4. Switch to the bread hook and let mix for additional 4 minutes.
5. Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 2 hours...Double in size.
6. When the dough is ready roll it out. Until it about 1/2 an inch think. Melt butter and wipe it on the top of the dough. Evenly. Fold the dough like a fan and then cut in squares. Put the squares in a greased muffin tin.
7 Bake on 400 for 8-15 minutes.