Thursday, August 13, 2009

I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and will be gone for 8 days. I have amazing writers to guest post so please stop by and check them out.

Here is my last post for the next 8 days. It is a cookie I created yesterday to bring for the kiddos to eat on vacation. Double Chocolate Oreo Cookie. Yes, they are as sinful as they taste. I am very impressed with how amazing they turned out.

One more thing, when I come back I have to post about a new pan line I got. It is called Calaphalon Unison. I must admit, it is my best pans in my kitchen.
I will let you know all about them next week!!!

Enjoy this recipe and wish me luck!! 11 hour drive with two crazy little girls!!!
I will miss you guys!
Double Chocolate Oreo Cookies (This makes a lot of cookies 48 cookies, cut it in half if you would like)
4 sticks of unsalted butter, Rm. temp
3 cps. sugar
4 eggs
4 cps. flour
1 1/3 cp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
15 whole oreos
1. Add the butter and sugar to the mixer. Mix until fluffy. Add one egg at a time.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together. Gradually add it to the batter.
3. Add the chocolate chips oreos and mix. The mixing process will break up the oreos.
4. Bake on 350 for 8 minutes
DEVOUR!!!!





16 comments:

  1. These cookies are just about the definition of heaven. So you know.

    Good luck on your drive and have tons of fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the trip - I am sure the girls will be great! Have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miranda, these cookies sound decadent and amazing!

    Here is my email address that you requested: cookincanuck@hotmail.com

    Have a wonderful vacation and I hope the drive goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about the pan review. I am in the market for a new set. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drinking some tea now...all I need now is some good cookies...

    Have a relaxing vocation!

    Angie's Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm oreos inside a cookie...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time off! I am sure the girls will behave if you bribe them with these cookies! Oh wait maybe then they will be on a sugar high :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miranda,
    soooooooo sorry, I didnt get your email till today. I am actually out of town and wont be back till Sat am..I am not sure if this will still work for being a guest blogger???
    Thanks you so very much for asking me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to ask you to pass me a glass of milk with some of those cookies, but then I realized that you're going on vacation.

    Have fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

    Now those are over the top! Good for you whipping up your own yummy cookie!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh I would love to try these out! The sound and look divine! Have a nice trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound awesome! Have fun on your vacation (looks like I must have missed you before you left :(....sorry)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooooh yes! You'll see a review on my blog of these very shortly! yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.