Well, let me just tell you. I will be living without an oven for atleast a month...SOOOO I will be baking a lot this week. I need my fix. I might have to visit some friends and use their oven. Anyway, this is a recipe that I found in the Bread Bible. It is very yummy.(VERY VERY..IT IS ALREADY GONE) It reminded me off a coffee cake, but better. Who would not love a bread that has the middle filled with Apple and Cinnamon goodness? I hope everyone had a great weekend!
The Crumb Topping
1/4 cp. light brown sugar packed
1 1/2 TB. Granulated sugar
3/4 cp. walnuts (I used pecans. I love pecans.)
1 tsp. cinnamon
8 TB. Cake Flour, unsifted
3 TB. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a food processor blend the sugars, nuts and cinnamon. Set 1/2 cp. aside. Add the cake flour, butter and vanilla. Pulse. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven at 350
THE APPLE FILLING and BATTER
1 Apple, skinned and seeded, chopped (1 heaping cup)
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 Lg. Egg
2 Lg. Egg Yolks
1/2 cp. Sour Cream
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cp. Sifted Flour (Must be sifted into the cup for right measurements. Do not tap.)
3/4 cp. sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/8 tsp. baking soda (I just put a little less then 1/2 tsp.)
pinch of salt
9 TB. softened butter
1. Peel, core, and cut the apples in cubes.Toss in lemon juice.
2. Medium bowl combine one fourth of the sour cream, the eggs, and vanilla.
3. Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix on low until combined.
4. Add the butter and remaining sour cream into the mixer.
5. Add egg mixture in two batches.
4. Fill greased pan half way (2/3 of the batter) Add the rest of the 1/2 cp. cinnamon and sugar mixture and top with the apples. Drop the remaining batter and spread over. Top with the crumb topping.
5. Bake 50-60 minutes. Let cool