Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cool Weather in Sunny Florida



We finally got a taste of fall in Florida this weekend! It was awesome! I moved to FL a little over three years ago. I miss Fall so much! Fall is my favorite season. This weekend it was in the 60's! Breezy! Perfect!

The weather was SCREAMING fall! The first thought that popped in my mind is CHILI! I went to my favorite butcher who HAPPENED to have Sirloin Steak on sale...mmmhh..what a coincidence. Here is my Sirloin Steak Chili! Enjoy!



2 lbs on Sirloin, cut in cubes
1 Red Onion, chopped
1 Red Pepper, Chopped
1 Jalapeno, Chopped
1 Poblano, Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped

1. Toss together and let the beef brown and the veggies get soft. (Can I just say, the beef was so tender and amazing.)

1 tsp. Oregano
2 TB. Chipotle Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
Lawrys Salt and Pepper

2. Add the seasoning and toss.

1 Small Can of Paste
4 15 oz. Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 15 oz. Tomato Sauce
2 15 oz. Dark Red Kidney Beans
2 15 oz. Black Beans

3. Add the Tomatoes, Beans and Paste. Stir.
4. Let simmer until thick. I usually let it simmer for a few hours.

Top with Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream and Tator Tots (One of the best toppings EVER!)


By the way, Sorry for the delay. My 4 yr. old came down with Bronchitis. She is horribly sick. Not to mention, we are moving by Halloween, so I am packing and preparing....WHEW.

THIS IS WHAT WE MADE WITH THE LEFTOVERS:
YES! This is Steak Chili Pizza...IT ROCKED!!!

ENJOY!!

23 comments:

  1. That looks so tasty! I'm going to make that this week, I think the hubby will really enjoy that, well minus the cheese (my fav part, but he hates it). Thanks Miranda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a lovely chili oh you must be pleased it cooled down we were in FL a couple of weeks ago it was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one yummy-looking chili. I love the chipotle chili pepper in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so creative with your leftovers! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy leftovers too and am always looking for ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, 60's are the BEST!! Poor baby, I hope she gets better very soon!! This looks amazing...lovin' the tater tots :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, whoa, back up! You have a butcher? Like a real live butcher? In Lake Mary?? I googled "butcher in Orlando FL" awhile back and it spat back Petty's and The Honeybaked Ham! Where do you go?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This chili looks off the charts! :)

    Will say prayers for Alexandra's recovery...hang in there mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Niiiiiiiiiiiice and the pizza was a fun way to use up leftovers!

    Btw, Sunday was more than breezy, lady! It was blowing something fierce. The Twins played baseball in it and one of them played in Cocoa Beach. LOL, it was crazy. Sad but it's over and back to high 80's later this week.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steak chili pizza - would that ever go over well in my home! What a grand idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miranda, I left something for you on my blog. Pick it up any time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds delicious. What a great fall one dish meal, and awesome use of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the perfect introduction to fall cooking! What a great idea to turn it into a pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love using meatier cuts for chili, such as steak. Awesome, this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so good! ..And the pizza looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the steak chili pizza idea, I would have never thought to use it as a pizza topping. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'Bout time we had some fall right! Your chili is perfect; love the sirloin chunks. I do the same with the leftover chili and I can see why you say it rocks. Hope your baby girl recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cheezy pizza, give me some, hehe...
    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miranda! I have so missed you and your sweet comments!Thank you so much for the welcome back! I see your blog is doing super great! It really warms my heart. I hope your kids are feeling better (saw it on twitter!)

    Much love and big hugs,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. This dish looks really delicious. I love all the ingredients. Love the leftover idea. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.