Monday, May 24, 2010

BUMBLEBERRY PIE!!!!

I must admit..I have never heard of Bumbelberry Pie, but I wanted to make a berry pie. I came across this recipe at Allrecipes.com. WOW. That is the only thing I can say. If I could eat the entire pie without gaining a pound I would!

What could be better then a pie filled with: Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Rhubarb and Apples!? DELISH!!!



First, let me start by the perfect pie crust.
PIE CRUST

4 cps. flour
1/3 cp. sugar
BIG pinch cinnamon
1 3/4 cp. shortening
2 pinches of salt

1/2 cp. water
1 egg

1. In a food processor pulse the first four ingredients.
2. Add the Wet ingredients and form into a ball.

Cool in the fridge.



BUMBLEBERRY PIE
altered from Allrecipes.com

3 cps. apples (sliced then with the skin removed)
1 1/2 cps. Blueberries
1 1/2 cps. Blackberries
1 1/2 cps. Rhubarb, sliced thin
1 1/2 cps. Strawberries, sliced thin
1 lime, juice
1 cp. sugar
1/2 cp. flour
Heaping Tablespoon of Tapioca




TOSS EVERYTHING IN A BOWL TOGETHER IN A BIG BOWL AND MIX WELL!!

1. Add the ingredients into the pie shell. Top with another. I used a lattice top crust. Brush on some egg wash and top with a few tablespoons of sugar.

2. Bake on 350 for 1 hour.

It turns out like THIS!!!! HOLY COW!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PIE I HAVE EVER MADE! :)
This is worth the time and effort. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out. You will not be let down. It is one of the most mouthwatering heaven-in-my-mouth pie that I have ever in my life encountered. TRUST ME! :)

21 comments:

  1. Hi Miranda....how are keeping? :) Great pie no doubt..I can imagine how good it will taste like....mmm will give it try for sure :) but have to substitue with other berries coz hard to find blackberries over here :) Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it sounds simply amazing with all the berries and rhubarb and apples, what a combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a delicious pie with all the berries, apples, and rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure looks very delicious. I love that huge pile of fruits there. I wish I can have a big slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combo have had triple berry but the apples and the rhubarb sound wonderful! Would some...save me a piece~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everything turned out pretty well! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job with the pie. This is my first visit to your blog. I had planned only to say hello and then move on. I, instead, started to read your earlier posts and stayed far longer than I had intended. I really like your recipes and will return as often as I can. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with you. That is a BEAUTIFUL pie!!! WOW!!!

    The crust is perfect.

    Alba H. Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bumbleberry pie! It sure looks so yummie with all the berries, apple and rhubarb...would love to have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pie crust looks perfect! There is nothing better than a fresh fruit pie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you...The pie crust tasted wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bumbleberry is one of my family's favorites. Yours looks delightful. I love it when the fruit oozes out through the crust and thickens...it's the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neither have I heard of Bumbelberry Pie. LOL! This looks a little tough for a newbie like me. Nevertheless, I'm determined to try it one day :)

    Thanks for dropping by Luxury Indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How utterly, utterly yum! And I want some for tonight! Please send over a big slice ~ No dammit! Send the whole thing!

    Pretty Please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness, this is absolutely seducing! Luckily, I put on my napkin before entering here... haha.... How are you today, Miranda? Frankly, if the berries weren't too pricy here, definitely I'll make one just like yours. For the time being, I can only drool over this. Hope you'll have a great day.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  16. woah bumbleberry?! I've never heard of that either! Looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just jumping back in to thank you for your visit to my blog. Come often :-). Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never had bumbleberry pie before but after seeing this post, I want some! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL, I thought bumbleberry was a type of BERRY! :) Duh! My kiddos would love this pie. They love anything berry.

    Hope you have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! This pie looks so good! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.