Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pickled Jalepenos for Geoff

My husband loves jalapenos. He called home yesterday with some really good news and was basically floating. I wanted to make him something special.I pickled jalapenos for him. I tried them and they are very good. Geoff thinks that they need to be spicier....I am going to throw a habenero in the mix next time.

Pickeled Jalapenos

2cps. white distilled vinegar

2cps. water

1/2cp. olive oil

3 bay leaves

1 heaping TB of mustard seeds

3 dried red chillies

It is pretty simple. Throw it all in a pan and boil it for about 10 minutes. Then I washed and sliced my jalapenos and put them in a plastic conatainer (You can use a jar too and boil in a water bath to can). After the brine was ready I dumped them over the jalapenos and put it in the fridge....WHOOLA!

1 comment:

  1. These are a favorite of my hubby, too! I always make a ton at the end of the summer when the jalepenos are abundant....of course, I pickle everything at the end of summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.