What can I say? My family loves cinnamon rolls. I make a ton and we usually eat them for desserts too. These rock. I make them often. They are a little time consuming. I usually make them at night. Let them rise and then put them in the fridge. In the morning I wake up and throw them in the oven. So simple. The best smell ever waking up in the morning.
1 egg, room temp.
1 cp. hot water
1/4 cp. oil
1/3 cp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cp. bread flout
1 1/2 tsp. active yeast
1. I add this in a bread machine. In this order. If I did not have a bread machine I would probably put it in my food processor until formed into a ball and then let it rise for an hour.
2. Now this is where you roll it out and add all the goodies
1 stick of butter at rm. temp
1/2 cp. white sugar
1/2 cp. brown sugar
2 TB. cinnamon
3. Roll the dough out in a long rectangle. Add half of the butter. Then top with the sugars and cinnamon. Then begin to roll it like a jelly roll. As I roll it I add a little butter to the other side with the other half of the butter.
4. When finished rolling the cinnamon roll start cutting into about 1-2 inches thick. Put on a greased baking sheet.
5. Let the dough rise another hr. until it is doubled in size.
6. Ready to bake. 350. for about 15-20 minutes. I like mine a little soft in the middle.
I just add 2 1/2 cps. powdered sugar, 2 TB milk, 1 tsp. vanilla. ( You can add cream cheese too. But my husband prefers no cream cheese. It is yummy, though)