Finally the summer is here! It has been in the upper eighties for the last two weeks in FL. I need refreshing, fresh, and satisfying meals. Plus, I must admit with the crazy economy I am trying to cut back on my grocery spending. This is a cheap but so yummy.
Try it yourself....ENJOY
Orange Cajun Salmon
1 1/2lbs of salmon
3 Tb. Cajun seasoning
2 tsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. oil
1/3 cp. orange marmalade
The juice of one lemon
1. Combine the Cajun seasoning and brown sugar in a small bowl. Rub it onto the salmon.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the fish (flesh side first) done on the hot oil. (2-3 minutes per side) Pull the fish out of the pan (It does not need to be cooked all the way. It will continue to cook in the marmalade.
3. Add the marmalade and lemon juice to the sauce pan and mix it. When it is melted add the fish back into the pan flesh side down. Cook until caramelized and cooked through (3-4 min)
I served this with fresh corn on the cob from the farmers market and my honey mustard potatoes.
My Honey Mustard Potatoes.
6 potatoes, cut in wedges
salt and pepper
1/4 cp. of honey mustard salad dressing
1. Turn the oven to 420. Add the potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and oil. Toss to coat.
Bake for about 40 min. I like them brown and crispy. You showed check them and flip.
2. As soon as they come out of the oven toss the potatoes in the dressing.