My husband favorite is Angel Food Cake. I make it on a regular basis. This time I picked up blackberries and blueberries from the farmers market so I decided to make a syrup from the berries and of course make the homemade whip cream. (I never buy whip cream any more. As long as you keep Heavy Whipping in the fridge....You can make whip cream whenever you want)
This turned out really good. Can I just say, After I was done using the whip cream and syrup I folded it together. It tasted like a berry mouse!!!! It was so yummy!!! I could of ate it by itself!!!!
Angel Food Cake
(The best Recipe ever is on Allrecipes.com)
12 egg whites
1 cp. King Arthurs Flour (What you have on hand)
1 1/4 cp. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. creme tartar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Let the egg whites sit for 30 minutes. When ready beat the egg whites. Add the cream tartar, vanilla, and salt. Beat. Add the sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time.
2. Sift the flour and powdered sugar together and then fold 1/2 cup at a time.
3. Grease the tube pan. Add the batter 1/2 cp at a time. Swirl with a butter knife in the batter to get the air bubble out.
4. Bake on 350 for about 45 minutes.
Three Berry Syrup
1 1/2 cp. blackberries
1 1/2 cp. blueberries
1/2 cp. strawberry jam (I made homemade jam)
1/2 cp. sugar
3 TB corn starch
1 cp water
1. Boil everything together until it thickens. I put the syrup through sifter to get the chunks out.
1 cp. Heavy cream
1/4 cup. powdered sugar
1. Beat until thick. (Don't over beat it will turn to butter)