Friday, November 20, 2009

Goodbye Detergent


Let me begin by saying I fell upon a product called Goodbye Detergent. It is an environmental friendly scrub made out of very unique material. The Goodbye detergent is made of recycled corn cobs, peach pits, & walnut shells. HOW INTERESTING IS THAT!?

When using Goodbye Detergent you will not have to use soap. Many soaps are toxic and harmful to the environment anyway!!

These abrasive Goodbye Detergent is sold in a 100% recycled material.

There are three forms of Goodbye Detergent. There is Kitchen Cleaning Pads, Indoor Cleaning Pads and Spaghetti Scrubs (Which is what I use.)

I want to share the list of positives that I found on their site:


Reusable scrubs last for months
Unique pliable shape
Great for peeling vegetables
Lack of mold and bacteria
No smell or rust
Save money and the environment by reducing the need for soaps

Awesome. Right?!


I have one and use it daily! I love it! IT saves a lot of money on buying detergent and it keeps everything really clean.

This is a great Eco-friendly way to keep your dishes clean and help the environment.
Check out their site at: http://goodbyedetergent.com
I know I have many Eco-friends that will love this for the holidays!!!

10 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! I have never heard of such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who'd have thhought detergent could be made from walnut shells?? Quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! We used to use the sand at the edge of the river to scrub our dishes when we were camping. I guess this is the same principle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Walnut shells. I also do believe in eco-friendly products. Why not? Shouldn't they all be? Why do we even have a choice? Meanwhile, drop by my blog when you have a minutes. I left something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. many years ago I ordered THESE COLORFUL BALLS TO PUT IIN THE WASHER MACHINE. They were supposed to help you use less detergent and they help wash your clothes cleaner. Well I used them for quite a while But I swore they shredded up my bath towels when the small solid plastic grooved balls got stuck between the wringer and the wall of the washer.So I stopped using them and put them way. I found them again 20 years later.. well at least 2 of them and I use them everyday. Half the time I use my Handmade laundry Soap, and the other half I use ALL free AND clear DETERGENT, CUZ WE HAVE ITCHY SKIN..

    ReplyDelete
  6. these aren't the same as what you're thinking of for the washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Lorraine.This is not for the dishwasher. It is not a form of dish soap. This cleans dishes by hand without detergent. It is a scratch pad on steroids. LOL. IT is eco-friendly and keeps all dishes clean. It even cleans the super greased and burnt dishes with no added soap. TRUST ME!!! I clean all my dishes with this pad and it is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Miranda! Thanks for the info and the link. I'm going to check it out. Question do you use it to clean up utensils (& such) used for handling raw meats and eggs?
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so interesting! I'm definitely going to look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so interesting! I'm using my homemade organic recycle detergent as well. And here's the link. Thanks for sharing as well. Cheers.
    http://kristygourmet.blogspot.com/2009/06/organic-all-purpose-cleaner.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.