Monday, November 23, 2009

Suite Meal 7: Gnocchi with Spicy Salami



What a day?! Right!

I found out that we are going to drive 15 hrs. to see my family in OH, which made my week. I miss my family so much and love them even more. My mom and sisters are my best friends. I can't wait to celebrate with them.

Today I was stranded in the small hotel with my babies by myself ALL DAY. WOW. They bounced from one side of the wall to the other. My Bailey received three or four booboo's. She is potty training for the second time! She was almost fully trained until I moved to this room. Now, I am starting over. Well, she peed twice on the floor. Yep. At least, it was in the bathroom. After my day, I drank half a bottle of wine. LOL. (Oh. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids more then life itself).

There was one positive aspect in my day I went to World Market and spent 50 dollars worth of stuff, but payed 29!! I bought some authentic spicy salami sausage, Chorizo, Gnocchi (can't make my own like the other lovely blogs I have visited. My kitchen is WAY to small.) , some awesome canned tomatoes and much more.

BUT I made the Salami Sausage and the Gnocchi for this amazing dish. After a day like today. I made this meal all in one pot. Easy. No mess. Quick. SO SO YUMMY
1 LG Volpi Stick Hard Salami (Good Quality) Mine was super SPICY



2 Cans Whole Tomato (Good Quality)
5 cloves of Garlic
1 LG Onion.
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. basil
3 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. sugar
Pepper
1/4 cp. parm cheese
1 cp. mozz. cheese
2 1lb packages of gnocchi



1. Cut the salami in small bit size pieces. Brown with a little olive oil. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until brown. When the veggies are tender and the salami is brown add the tomatoes. Toss and add the herbs and parm cheese. Toss. Let simmer. Turn up the heat.

2. Add the gnocchi to the boiling pan. Top with the mozz. cheese. Close the lid. Turn it off



3. Serve. So so yummy.

31 comments:

  1. That looks really good! Oh I am home for Thanksgiving and how I would love to have my kids back small again, and bounce off the wall...but no boo boo's allowed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you poor thing but you are still making great food despite the situation have fun with your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salami, salami, I'm sure my son will love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very good! I would drink a half a bottle too after spending an entire day with energetic kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miranda, you are amazing! Seriously, I can't believe your even cooking under these circumstances and yet continue to cook up some awesome meals! You are such a good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dish looks wonderful. I hope that you have a great rest of the trip. -Tien

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW are you super woman?? Delicious food on the road and blogging about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah once again a dish my husband would love. I swear sometimes you are catering for his needs better than I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm coming over for lunch so, I hope you have leftovers! :) I bet that tastes even better the next day. I've never been to that store....I want to go!

    Have a safe and wonderful trip home! Happy Turkey Day!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited to read your post since you mentioned GNOCCHI. Still fabulous! I was hoping you'd give me a tutorial since the gnocchi's I made the other night needed help on the form. I was so scared to work it and barely touched the dough =).

    Your sauce looks really delicious, and gave me an idea to use some of my oven-roasted marinara.

    Thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! This sounds like something from a book or a movie - I wish you had some illustrations to go along with these stories :) As always, it looks wonderful. Be safe and sane and have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband gonna like this recipe -- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol...you are amazing with the stuff you pull off in that tiny kitchen of yours! I am so happy you get to see your family this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a tasty dish - I love gnocchi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miranda, you know what! The only time they'll keep quiet is when they're chewing something... haha...! So, great idea to make them something nice to eat! My kids already 15 & 12. So, no more headache about this kind of situation. Bless you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Btw, how was the marshmallow crunch brownie you made the other day? You kids like it????

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a soft spot for the pig. I like this dish very very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not an easy task being strained in a hotel room with ( full of energy) kids. The dish looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this looks delicious! You are rocking it in the kitchen these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow do I love this. Something different for my gnocchi. Enjoy the bouncing off the wall stage. Cause when it's gone - it doen't come back. Happy Thanksgiving. You are amazingly creative even on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that looks great, you are managing so well with that two burner stove! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are amazing. To put a meal like that together after your day. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds and looks fantastic! Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a delicious dish!

    I feel your pain about being stuck with the little onesin the hotel room.It must be so hard on you. Forget about 1/2 the wine, drink the whole damn thing:)

    Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey there Miranda! Hope you had a wondeful and yummy Thanksgiving!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! I just came across your blog and love it :) This dish looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  27. Miranda...hope u had a wonderful time with your mom and sisters. This looks delicious btw :)) Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Playing catch up. YUM. YUM.

    This reminds me of that awesome overloaded cheesy pasta of yours I made once...and I should really make again. Along with this of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I fairly new to the world of cooking (being a guy) but i came across this recipe since i had some salami that i needed to use and didn't know what to do with it. I followed the recipe as best as I could. Just as a suggestion i felt chef stupid and definitely bought the wrong ingredient for "can of whole tomato" and used tomato soup instead. I grilled up salami onions and garlic, then poured it into the pot of the rest of the ingredients as you listed...expecting the worst (no offense to you, only to me) I just had my first bite and regardless if i did it right or wrong AMAZING. WONDERFUL RECIPE. thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.