Sunday, December 13, 2009

News! News! News!

I am so sorry that I have MIA. I have been sick and after finally going to the Urgent Care yesterday I was diagnosed with WALKING PHENOMENA. It felt like a elephant was sitting on my chest! After loading me on meds I am finally starting to feel a little like myself! Finally! I can breath and talk. Wow. I forgot how that felt.

Anyway, I also have other big news. We are leaving for Ohio on Thursday for the holidays. Well, My mother-in-law asked my husband if we could stay with her until Feb. 1! They in-laws would then drive us back home once the hubs gets settled in Gainesville. (The reason with have been in limbo and staying at the EXTENDED STAY)

At first, the hubs and I were thinking, "HELL NO. THAT IS TO LONG AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!" Then, the hubs and I went back and forth with the pros and cons. Bailey's second Birthday is on Jan. 9 which means the hubs would miss it, BUT the entire family could be there! We have not had a family party since our move in 06!! (PRO)
The kids have been in rare form, but they are locked in a 400 sq. ft hotel room and my in-laws have a huge house with lots of toys and room. (Pro) My girls have a new set of twin girl cousins that turned one and a new lil boy cousin that will be one in January that they have not met.(Pro) If we stay up there they could see them on a regular basis. Not to mention be at there and celebrate their cousins FIRST BIRTHDAY! Full of family and fun. (Pro) The kids will get to see snow!!!!!! (Pro) Snowmen. (Pro) Sledding. (Pro)They will be with their Nana and Papa who ADORE them. (PRO PRO)
They Pro's were adding up quick.

There was only 2 REALLY BIG con's that I could think of:

1. The girls and I will be without their father for an entire month! (CON CON CON)I will miss my husband so much. My girls will miss their dad so much. How will he eat? Will he be bored? What will he do? Then, I remembered he is a big boy and 4 weeks will go by fast. He survived without me before.

2. I am deathly afraid of my father-in-laws driving. LOL! He will be driving us home.(Con) But I figured I could talk to my mother-in-law and have him drive slow and cautious. (He is a Ford guy. He loves fast cars. He owns a Mustang Cobra. Need I say more?)

So...It looks like the Pro's won! I am leaving the 18th for my mothers. We are staying at my mothers (I can't wait to spend Christmas with my mom and family. It is the only time it feels like Christmas to me.) until the 26 and then drive to Avon Lake, OH which is right on Lake Erie where my husbands family lives. We will stay there for a few days, then my hubs will drive to FL all alone. My kids and I will drive to Canton, Michigan and stay for the month of January. We will be back on the first wk. of February.

DON"T WORRY!!! I will be cooking at my Mother-In-Law's!!! My mother-in-law is not to big of a fan of cooking. Her idea of cooking is Stouffers Lasagna. I will be posting from her beautiful huge kitchen (Pro) and not my lil hotel kitchen. She already told me I could bake and cook until my little heart is content....(I guess, she does not know who she is talking to. LOL)

I WILL GET TO SEE A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!! I WILL GET TO SEE ALL, I MEAN ALL OF MY FAMILY!! WHAT A MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

NOW BACK TO FOOD!!!

I have been cooking up a storm, even while being sick this wk. I will be posting (Probably today the beautiful "Christmas Cookie's in a Jar" I made for the family and friends. Come back and check it out....

13 comments:

  1. wow you do have a lot going on! We do miss you! So look forward to you coming back when you can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy holiday with your family! It's good to hear that you're on getting better. I can empathize about a job/moving-related separation from the hubs: we had to spend 6 weeks apart when my husband start his job before my classes were done. If it's any consolation, the time goes by FAST! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better. Make sure you get more rest before your trip. Have a good holiday and Christmas. It will be fun. A month goes by fast. Like 2009...I can't even remember what happened during the year let alone these past couple of months. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your problem. I am glad you are better. Be sure to take extra good care of yourself, and an extra cookie daaaaaaahling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! It's glad to know you are feeling better and pumped up on meds. Have fun in Ohio! It's where I was born and raised so I have a lot of great memories from that flat state:) Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon and take care!
    shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon and have fun at your inlaws

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better soon. I am getting over bronchitis and it's soooooo slow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had walking pneumonia once -boy was I surprised - and relived to find a reason I never want to stand up! Have the sweetest Christmas ever with family. The time will pass. How wonderful to have loved ones to help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that you've been sick though it appears you're now on the mend!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're feeling better. The walking pneumonia's once diagnosed are so easy to get over with meds. It's wonderful that you will spend the holidays with your family although I'm sure you will be missing your husband. Looking forward to your posts from Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! Just stopping by to wish you and your beautiful family happy holidays.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you are able to stay with family and that your girls will have some cousin time :D So happy for you that you have a kitchen to play in again ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for letting me know how you feel about my dishes.