Of course, this bread is divine. Since, I have started cooking recipes from Peter Reinharts Artisan Bread Every Day I have been super satisfied and amazed at how incredible each recipe turns out. I have made his pizza dough atleast once a week! It makes a good bit and I like to try to keep it in case the kiddos want pizza that week.
His sweet dough is SO SO AWESOME! The sweet dough is used to make cinnamon rolls, sticky rolls, coffee cake and some very yummy fruit filled thumbprint Rolls.
I have made his Cinnamon Rolls and it makes 24!!! But, trust me the 24 where gone in a heart beat! Friends, kids, and husband....GONE!
Peter Reinharts Sweet Dough:
6 1/4 cp. unbleached bread flour
2 tsp. salt
6 TB. sugar
5 tsp. yeast
2 cps + 2 TB warm milk
1/2 cp. butter or oil
zest of lemon
1. Add the yeast to milk.
2. Add the sugar, salt, flour together into a mixing bowl.
3. When the yeast dissolves into the milk add it to the dry ingredients. Add the butter or oil. Then the lemon zest. Using a paddle attachment mix for 1 minute. Switch to dough hook and let it mix for 4 minutes. Increase speed for two more minutes.
4. Knead for 2 minutes on a floured counter top.
5. Place in an oiled pan and put in the fridge over night.
1 cp. flour
1 cp. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (I used a little more. I love cinnamon.)
1/8 tsp. nutmeg (I used pumpkin pie mix.)
1/2 cp. melted butter
1. Remove the dough from the fridge 2 hours before hand. I only used half the dough and put it in a loaf pan and used the other half of the dough to make 12 cinnamon rolls. The recipe calls to use a greased 12 by 16 in pan. Add the dough to the greased pan. Dip your fingers in melted butter. Press the fingers into the dough. (Almost like focaccia bread.)If it springs back then give it 20 minutes and try it again. Cover it with plastic wrap and cover for 2 hours.
It should double in size...
2. To make the crumb topping: whisk the first 5 ingredients then add the melted butter. Sprinkle the topping over the top of the bread....
3 Bake on 350 for 12 minutes and turn the pan and bake for another 12 minutes.