Breakfast is my Father-in-Laws favorite meal. When I recieved my new issue of cooking light with some amazing breakfast recipes. I could not wait to give them a try! Yesterday I tried the breakfast braid with a few changes. It was great! The kids loved it too. Did I mention it is quick? Yep, It took about 25 min to 30 min!
I can't wait to get home to the hubs and make him some breakfas. I will be home in a week and a half. I can't wait. It has been 4 wks since I have seen my husband. That is way to long!!!! But I am coming home to a new place. The place has a huge fenced in backyard where I can grow a massive garden!!! Yippee!!! In Florida I could start planting next month!!!!
1 (13.8 oz) can Refridgerated pizza crust dough
1 TB olive oil
1/4 cp. chopped onion
4 oz. sausage
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cp. monterary jack cheese
1/4 cp. cheddar cheese
(It calls for jalapeno, but my MIL can't eat spicy)
1 lg. egg white
1. Lay out the dough on a cooking sheet. Spray both sides. Roll out to about 15x10 in.
2. Preheat oven at 425
3. Brown the onions and sausage in the olive oil. When the sausage is browned then add the eggs.
4. Sprinkle the cheese down the center of the braid. Top with the Egg mixture. Add the cheddar cheese on top. (If using jalapenos then add to the top of the cheese.)
5 . Cut diagonal slits in the dough on each side about 2 in apart then criss cross them.
6. Brush with the egg whites.
7. Bake for 15 min. Let sit for 5 min. then slice the braid.